Monday, October 1, 2007

The Probe

The dark lane and the darker skies, 
the leaves rustle or is it the spy 
I look behind and I look by my side, 
there is someone somewhere that still catch my eye 

The time was right so I came to walk, 
But the elements have conspired to block 
Everything is hazy and so unclear, things that are so far, 
I imagine them to be so near 

Another sound makes me shudder and turn around, 
Is somebody on my trail or I am losing ground 
Remembering of the effect that you have on me, 
I forget everything and bask in glee

I can feel the rush of blood in my palm, 
Just a thought of yours for me is balm 
I can again hear the plaintive cry, 
Filled with sorrow, but still is wry 

Is someone laughing or mocking my life, 
or I myself know it all deep inside 
A rat squeals as to provide me an answer, 
thoughts flash as my mind just wander 

A few clicks here and a few clicks there,
the dark asphalt road is where I stare 
The voice comes again and says "I am here", 
you overlooked me as I always existed under your thick layer"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could connect to it